Mariposa Weddings


You will need a California Marriage License. 

You must be 18 or older.

No Blood Tests are required 

There is no waiting period - you can get your license and get married the same day.

You can get your license up to 90 days before your wedding date.

You can get your license in any California County.  The cost varies and some counties require appointments, so call the office you plan to get your license for details.  

Please bring a form of picture I.D. that also indicates your date of birth (usually a driver’s license or passport) at the time you come in for your license. 

To get your license in Mariposa

No appointment is needed and it takes about 30 minutes to fill out the form and receive your license. 


Marriage licenses are issued by the County Clerk in Mariposa County, at 10th & Bullion Streets, in the Hall of Records.  


A public marriage license may be obtained for $60.00 cash, or a confidential marriage license for $65.00 cash.  Both types of licenses require that the bride and groom both appear in person at the Mariposa County Clerk’s office.  


You can get a certified copy for $14. after your wedding has been recorded.


If either you or your fiancé have been previously married, and the dissolution was finalized within the past 90 days, you must bring a copy of the final dissolution for verification.


You may get your license up to 90 days before your wedding

You also need one legal witness, which we can provide if you are eloping. If you have any guests, one of them can be the witness.

*Prices correct at publication, but subject to change.  July 2012